The FleaBay blacklist

I thought it might be useful to start a thread where we name and shame the rip off merchants and scammers we have come across on ebay.

Latest one for me is dozorca15 

Sold me 3 AMD FX cpus then never sent them, got a refund after about a month of waiting, 2 were paid for with credit card and they were refunded OK, still waiting on the one I bought using my bank account, paypal put a 'temporary hold' on the funds. He sold a slew of other CPU's and no one has left positive feedback, me and 2 others have left neg :(

Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 12GB DDR3 (6 x 2GB) | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

Tagged:

Comments

• Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 136
    This is why you only buy from people that have a lot of feedback.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 383
    That isn't always going to save you.
    Ebay recently has had a big problem with hackers hijacking accounts.
    You used to see it maybe once in a blue moon now it happens all the time. You'll see an account that normally sells clothing all of a sudden with a half dozen computer items at too good to be true prices. Then none of those prices are honored. It seems to be exclusively to Chinese accounts recently for whatever reason.
    It's easy enough to check that past feedback. Check the previously sold items for the seller.  And if something seems too good to be true it probably is. I on occasion will take a flyer on an item even aware of this stuff because well...ya never know right? And with paypal we are completely protected.
  • Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 136
    That isn't always going to save you.
    Ebay recently has had a big problem with hackers hijacking accounts.
    You used to see it maybe once in a blue moon now it happens all the time. You'll see an account that normally sells clothing all of a sudden with a half dozen computer items at too good to be true prices. Then none of those prices are honored. It seems to be exclusively to Chinese accounts recently for whatever reason.
    It's easy enough to check that past feedback. Check the previously sold items for the seller.  And if something seems too good to be true it probably is. I on occasion will take a flyer on an item even aware of this stuff because well...ya never know right? And with paypal we are completely protected.
    If you click there account you can see what they last sold items were.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

I said that.
  • Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 289
    edited April 26
    The guy I bought from had a few (8 iirc) positive feedbacks, all for VERY similar items, not sure if it was a hacked account or what. It looked legit at the time, just very good deals, I assumed it might be a sys admin or IT guy selling off old chips quickly.

But we all have to start somewhere on ebay, there are honest people with no feedback, I was once one of them.

Also I've had bad experiences with very seasoned sellers, I left a negative for a seller because he sold me a bootlegged CD as original and wouldn't accept a return, he bided his time then bought something from me just to leave a negative in return. I figured out his scam and ebay sorted the neg feedback, but not before I refunded the prick his money.

I've also been on the shitty end of the stick as a seller just recently, I sold a mobo to a guy in Europe using the Ebay global shipping programme. I sent the mobo to Ebays global shipping dept in England (tracking confirmed this) and they sent it on to him, it got lost. when he contacted me about it I did the honourable thing and refunded the guy, then Ebay turns round and says because I refunded the guy without him having to open a 'item not received' case they wont refund me even though I lived up to my end of the bargain.....First and last time I use their shitty global shipping programme. £60 down the drain :(
    Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 12GB DDR3 (6 x 2GB) | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

• leafflatleafflat Posts: 599
    EBay sketches me out. Not to mention hidden fees. I sold my ram stock for 70$, paid the 15% tax they impose then at the end of the month they charged me 8$. No where when I sold the stock did it say I would get a bill at the end of the month.
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

• Well..... I saw a listing that was selling a 960gb SSD for 60 bucks.... I knew it was too good to be true but I was curious.... my friend sent me the link, and I was suspicious. After purchasing it.... an hour later I got an email from eBay telling me that the account used to sell you this product was hijacked/hacked and I would be getting my money back. I still come across similar deals to these every now and then and I have learned to stay away from them. Eventually I got a refund. If its too good to be true it probably is. Funny how my curiosity can take me to weird places. 
    It's worth taking a flyer sometimes. I've gotten a few deals people would say were too good to be true and actually got them. Considering ebays protections all you are going to be out is some time right? So why not give it a go now and then? 
  • It's worth taking a flyer sometimes. I've gotten a few deals people would say were too good to be true and actually got them. Considering ebays protections all you are going to be out is some time right? So why not give it a go now and then? 
    Yeah, I gave it a go anyway.... Sometimes in the past it did work out like you said which is great. Haven't had a problem with their buyer protections yet although I do feel its not as streamlined as something like Aliexpress. I find their dispute process a lot better and easy and structured, I'm guessing that's because Alibaba group make more revenue than eBay, therefore have more money to spend.
  • Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 289
    edited September 14
    It's worth taking a flyer sometimes. I've gotten a few deals people would say were too good to be true and actually got them. Considering ebays protections all you are going to be out is some time right? So why not give it a go now and then? 
    Sorry for the necro but I had to respond to this.

It can indeed sometimes pay off to take a chance on these 'too good to be true' deals you see, I've had a few myself, most recent was a HTC phone I got for 30 quid, I could sell it now to a pawn shop for over £100. Others include 4GB sticks of DDR3 at $4 dollars each, I only managed to snag 3 of those before they sold out but damn, 12GB for $12 US dollars is a bargain and they work fine :P