200K Thank you + Update!

BryanBryan Posts: 244
edited June 18 in General Discussion
Thanks you guys SO MUCH for supporting the channel this far, 200K is amazing! The YES is back and it is here to stay.  The reason it dropped off? I dunno, looking back I would like to think that the energy was temporarily sapped and the excitement wasn't there (due to a LOT of personal s***).  Though what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and Tech YES City will continue to keep giving you guys the best content possible! It has been one huge rollercoaster ride, and the channel is just getting more and more exciting, the new studio move is in the works and will take some time, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.  It is one of the reasons why the tech lounge is coming to a stop (at least for now, until things can get sorted).
More on that, I know a lot of you guys like the show, though it seems it just isn't working out with Kevin and I, the chemistry honestly isn't just working on the show itself.  Kevin is an amazing person off camera and I will continue to support him and his channel by other means.  Though that wasn't just it, some of the comments last week were shocking, if people don't appreciate the amount of time we put into the show then I why as well pull it, not going to get out of bed early every Monday, research a heap of topics, stream, time stamp and then make a thumbnail all for some people to complain (and also get quite a few upvotes) that I am 'cutting off' Kevin right after his 'um' queue, when sometimes I am even holding up my finger patiently to either get a word in, or move the show along... I thought I was doing quite well with that, making progress at the very least, but ey, apparently not...
There are also things like 'these guys don't know what they are talking about' comments over many episodes, and just straight up hate? So the show is unfortunately over for now, as I would rather focus on making more content that I and you guys certainly enjoy.  
Perhaps the Tawk may even make its way back into the channel over time, there was always so many positive vibes when that show aired every week and the discussions were really good in the comments.
Lastly it is also extremely difficult dealing with my 2mbps upload speeds at the moment, which should be solved in the next few months.
Anyway guys, would love to hear your feedback.

Kind Regards,
-Bryan

Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!

Comments

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 366
    Way to go after it "Yes" Man. Keep up the good work.
  • Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 276
    Hey awesome job on the 200k dude, you totally deserve it. :D

For me personally I like the live streams (even though I can't watch them live 95% of the time) but the other content like builds, reviews, tutorials etc is much more important.

Youtube comments are, and have been for ages, cancerous. I suppose it's hard to ignore them but try not to take the negative ones as a representative opinion on your content.  It's always a small vocal minority that makes their voices heard.  I personally have not seen the comments on last weeks show (yet to watch  it) that you referred to, were they in the live chat or the actual comment section?

I think you're right to put an end to the show if you feel the chemistry was a little lacking. But surely the whole point of having a co host is that you can both take up the slack when the other is struggling to make a point or can't quite get his words out. I think you're more than capable of doing a live show by yourself if that's what you want to do. 

Anyway just my two pennies worth, HUGE congratz on the channel landmark, 200k is getting serious :P

Looking forward to seeing the new studio in action, I hope you'll do some Vlogs of the move :)

Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 6 x 2GB mix and match | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 1TB Seagate | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

• Grovers1Grovers1 Posts: 23
    edited June 18
    Congratz on 200k subs, I love all your content and the tech lounge live stream! I'll be sad to see the tech lounge go for now, i hope it will make a return sometime this/next year because i will be here to watch it.

I watch the tech lounge every Monday while i fold junk mail to deliver, it a great time to relax have something to eat and drink and not have to worry about getting assignments and work done.
    I wish i could share my internet connection with you :P i get about 4.7MB upload.

Anyway I wish you and jarjar luck with your channel, cant wait to see whats in my sub box for this week!

My Computer
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 
    • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU Cooler - Red Top Cover
    • Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 ATX Motherboard
    • Memory: Teamgroup T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 48GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    • Storage: OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
    • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card 
    • Case: Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case
    • Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    • WiFi Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter 
    • Case Accessory: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller

• TiagoToonsTiagoToons Posts: 17
    edited June 18
    Congratulations on the 200k Mr. Yesman!

I enjoyed the Tech Lounge. In fact, it was the only live show I watched (not live).

Some people forget that there's always a delay on Skype, so it's normal to people cut off each other when they're talking. And I liked the chemistry, specially with Bryan always trying to make Kevin loosen up. That happens between friends in real life, but many of the so called "haters" don't have friends or a real life, just the one behind the keyboard, so... yeah.

Nonetheless I understand the split and I hope to see some kind of collaboration in the future.

Also, here's a suggestion: Everyone loves moving vlogs, so I guess there will be one, but maybe it could be something like... The Rated R "Yesman & Dadman Show".
  • leafflatleafflat Posts: 590
    The first time you mentioned your almost at 200k it really surprised me. I hadn't looked at your subscriber count and was sure it was around the 500k mark. I'm sure judging by the quality of your videos you'll get there in no time. Congrats man, content is only getting better. 

P.s. more of your dad! 
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

• nzjacobnzjacob Posts: 6
    As someone who has met Kevin on many trips to Playtech I can understand the on screen vs off screen Kev perception. Hope you do get a new livestream to surface .. maybe get some of the real salty commentators to join in :-)   
  • Jumper118Jumper118 Posts: 210
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats on 200K! Glad to see the YES back!

Maybe an idea for the Tech Lounge though, bring in a revolving door of guest youtube tech enthusiasts? Keeping it fresh on the regular that way? Imagine Matt formerly of HBU making a random appearance lol. 

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //i7-3770k @ 4.3ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Intel DZ77GA-70k Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//

• HumaNortHumaNort Posts: 30
    The "YES" man smashed it conmotherfuckinggratulations dude. What about the forum title?
    HumaKron
    i5 4690K
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer
    HyperX Fury 16GB 1866
    Radeon R9 380 4GB
    PNY XLR8 240GB
    WD Blue 1TB
    EVGA 500W 80+
    NZXT S340
    Lots of LEDS
  • I'll be the first one to watch the Tech Lounge, whenever it returns. Personally I liked the "quarrels or disagreements between the host, and co-host. Why ? Because you need contrast to keep things interesting. This way, one group can take one guy's side on an issue, and the other group can take the other guy's side, and it's a win-win, because more exposure, and both viewpoints represented. I watched you , when you and Joker, had your disagreements, and I liked it when you agreed as well. Both are interesting, and necessary aspects of a Show, Life, and relationships.

<3
    Demagogic Gaming's YouTube Channel ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCemPpoIQfnm55TukxYk8UIA

I do benchmarks with entertaining music, and I'm going to branch out, eventually. <3
  • Grovers1Grovers1 Posts: 23
    I'll be the first one to watch the Tech Lounge,
    ...... ummm, i think you ment to say 2nd. I'll be the first to watch the Tech Lounge..
    My Computer
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 
    • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU Cooler - Red Top Cover
    • Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 ATX Motherboard
    • Memory: Teamgroup T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 48GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    • Storage: OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
    • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card 
    • Case: Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case
    • Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    • WiFi Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter 
    • Case Accessory: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller