Setup Showdown

BrendonBrendon Posts: 21
edited July 9 in PC Builds
Show off your gaming/productivity setup!

Comments

• BrendonBrendon Posts: 21
    I'll start, here is my desk setup.
  • Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 136
    Give me two week for my grandpa to finish my desk and I will post them up my setup.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

• BrendonBrendon Posts: 21
    I'm actually considering making my build all black similar to yours just with black fittings and a new mobo
  • Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 289
    edited July 24
    Old pictures, quite a bit has changed since these were taken.

Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 12GB DDR3 (6 x 2GB) | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

• leafflatleafflat Posts: 599
    edited July 25

More of a casual gaming rig but whatever. Definetely a couch gamer.
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

• WavadeeWavadee Posts: 90
    Sweet as a peach leafllat. Rig ready, fat BAD WORD on the couch. Love it.
    Thanked by 1leafflat
    Simply is the best for me.

The top monitors desktop background anoys me for some reason. Lol awesome though. 
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

leafflat said:
    The top monitors desktop background anoys me for some reason. Lol awesome though. 
    It could annoys you because I was off angle when I took the picture or becuase top monitor is 24" and the bottom ones are 22".

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 383
    edited August 12
    I find the top monitor a little off putting myself. I know why but it's silly and most people who have the top monitor do the same thing. But you have the flowing desktop with the image in continuity on the left center and right monitors. But then the top monitor does not complete or add to the picture it's just a copy of the middle monitor. Visually I'm not a fan of that look myself. I love the flowing desktop that looks to fill up more space not so much the duplicate desktop space. 
    But whats most important of course is that it gets the job done for you and that you are happy with it.
    Updated some of my gear so reckon I'll toss an image or two as well. It's still a work in progress some the cable management isn't great yet (by great I mean done at all). And I am planning on installing a shelf on the lower left so the Xbox One S is a bit less visible. I just can't see military green to ever become a more up front part of my setup. I do have a larger rig up stairs I use more for my photo editing as I can on occasion make money with that gear. This one is pretty much just casual gaming. It's moving more and more towards being white and red with just a few black and silver accents. 

So the upgrades from the last time I posted would be my a pretty basic Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker set. Pretty blah worthy. A very basic drafting chair. Kinda terrible but it gets the job done and I rarely sit at it for more than a couple of hours at a time. I added the white goose neck lamp. Having an adjustable lamp around is always good and it was stupid cheap. Roccat Ryos TKL. I love me some cherry browns. I miss my Logitech g710+. Glad to not have the Razer BlackWidow 2014 Ultimate anymore. It was an excellent keyboard don't get me wrong but after a few hours typing with blues I just wanted to stab my ears with a pencil to make all the clicking and clacking stop. HcMan Team Wolf immortal mouse. Excellent performer as a normal adjustable dpi mouse. The drivers don't seem to function on windows 10 though so as far as customizing the rgb in it or assigning the buttons or using the sniper button at all that's all out. But I am in contact with hcman and they are making some effort in resolving the issue. So we will see what comes of that if anything. And of course the big stand out for new stuff would be the monitor. I really wanted to upgrade to a freesync monitor and really didn't want to spend a ton of money doing it. Was able to snag the CF591 for 80 dollars. I'm going to sell my aoc and I assume I'll end up breaking even and getting slight upgrade in some ways. It's a VA panel and opposed to IPS but the viewing angles as best as I can tell are solid. It's a curved monitor which is an interesting experience if you've never used one. I'm pretty close to this in my setup and with the curve I actually can see everything in the periphery of my vision without having to turn my eyes. That's interesting. It's a little slower than my AOC it overclocked to 75hz. This monitor is somehow locked to only allowing 60hz unless you are using it's freesync ultimate setting then it will let you go up to 72hz. I don't get why you'd lock it down and not let non freesync people run the panel at the same rate but that's what Samsung choose to do here. It does do freesync both over hdmi and display port. It's a Samsung so out of the box the color saturation is just stupid high. A buddy of mine is borrowing my Spider Elite 3 so I can't calibrate as fine as I might like but I did to a custom set that looks pretty good to my eye. It seems to be on the warm side and all my reds look a bit pinkish no matter what I seem to do to it. Hopefully the calibration tool will help fix this. It is supposed to be a 120% SRGB and well right now I wouldn't have guess that. My AOC even calibrated was only in the high 80's but it certainly looked way more accurate to me. Also for some reason most of the documentation I've read said this monitor does not have internal speakers. It does so not sure why I've read that a bunch. They aren't hardly good speakers of course but they are present. Probably slightly better than the ones in the old AOC monitor. 

Oh and I bought an xbox one elite controller kit and installed it on my regular xbox one controller. So now it's got the magnet changeable sticks and control pad. Pretty neat way to spiffy up a controller on the cheap. I think the kit with the tools and all the parts was 15 bucks on amazon with free prime shipping. Am thinking about buying another set and seeing if they would work in the blue Rock Candy controller. I kinda hate it's thumb sticks with a passion after all. 
    I modded my Xbox controller too with all black buttons. Waiting for buttons to replace the sync, start, select and Xbox logo buttons in the mail. 

i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

You should keep an eye out for the elite parts kit. Even if you hate the control pad and don't use the one from that kit. (It has a regular one as well as the style one I used.) If for not other reason than it allows you to replace the thumb sticks any time they get worn down super easily.
    I don't mind taking the controller apart to replace them if I ever need to. My girlfriend wants to mod her ocean mist controller with the elite buttons now after I showed her yours. 
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

Ocean shadow***
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

edited August 14
    I dig it. I still just use the short concave sticks just like stock. But the metal construction on them seems to make them glide better. The control pad you kinda have to switch out where it makes sense. The fancy control pad I have on mine is great when you aren't using it a ton but if you are going to play a side scroller or something you have to drop the other pad on. The dome one lifts when you press it at the edges .

Also a ton of different color kits for them. Different colors for rubberized areas as well as the metal so you can certainly make some interesting looks.