Overclocking a T3500 - *Need help*

I have a Dell t3500, it's a great machine. I have a GTX 670(Was trying to keep the GPU under 100$) and a x5570 for the CPU. Everything is great, but one issue.
I've been recently been playing Just Cause 3, and it is stuttering when it has to load in when I'm gliding or something like that. the settings are at 1080p all lowest besides the texture quality which is medium. 
I was hoping if anyone knows a bios I could flash that would allow me to overclock or anything along those lines
But, I also do have a spare motherboard, so I don't mind one going bad.
(I have 12GB of ram so that isn't an issue, and I do know that my GPU is at the lowest for requirements.)

Comments

• Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 276
    I've never done this myself but I've heard of people flashing an alienware bios onto their boards to enable overcooking. 
    Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 6 x 2GB mix and match | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 1TB Seagate | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

• NoburtNoburt Posts: 5
    Tech_0ne said:
    I've never done this myself but I've heard of people flashing an alienware bios onto their boards to enable overcooking. 
    People are saying they can do it on a Dell XPS 730x, haven't seen it on a t3500 yet.
  • exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 366
    edited July 20
    Yeah it can be done on the 730x board and the board for the 435t/ 9000 XPS computers. Not work stations. You cannot do a hardware overclock.
    You might be able to do software. 
    But the only software I haven't seen confirmed to not work is throttlestop. 
    So you could DL throttlestop and see what you can see. 
    Yeah it can be done on the 730x board and the board for the 435t/ 9000 XPS computers. Not work stations. You cannot do a hardware overclock.
    You might be able to do software. 
    But the only software I haven't seen confirmed to not work is throttlestop. 
    So you could DL throttlestop and see what you can see. 
    Throttlestop doesn't work. Sucks, but I'll live until I upgrade.
  • Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 125
    This two video might help.

Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2000Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition at 2000Mhz
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

Yeah neither of those will work with an x58 locked cpu. 
    Some people say they work with the unlocked ones but I don't have any to be able to verify that myself.
    If throttlestop doesn't work no software is going to. 
    Frankly I'm surprised it doesn't. I was even able to OC my old dell precision m4500 laptop with throttlestop and that thing won't let anything overclock it. Which is a shame because it's running an unlocked CPU and all.
    920xm.

I do have 2 W3530's and 1 w3520, I'll see if that allows overclocking
    Might run too hot though, but I do have a better cooler that I could toss on.

Doesn't work, I think it was the version that he was at that allowed it
    It's because he had CPU's with unlocked multi's and you don't I stated that above.