Upgrade to windows 10...

Not sure if this is the right section, if it is not, sorry (T.T)
I've recently built up a new pc, with a Ryzen cpu; on it I've installed windows 8.1 with a fresh, legit key;
BUT, the damn microsoft decided that Ryzen users can't get updates anymore, unless they have windows 10...
Now, it wouldn't be that problematic, I mean, I can live without windows updates...the real problem is the Damn window pop up every 15-20 minutes, suggesting to upgrade to windows 10, making me alt-tab even while in games...
Now, I've seen here  the creator's update to download windows 10...
Will I be able to update without the need of a new key?

Comments

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 383
    Windows 7,8,and 8.1 keys still all work for windows 10 installs. I don't know about the upgrade thing. I know technically the free upgrade period ended. But I know you can most certainly do a fresh install of windows 10 and use the same key you already have.
    Thanked by 1seyfer
  • seyferseyfer Posts: 3
    Windows 7,8,and 8.1 keys still all work for windows 10 installs. I don't know about the upgrade thing. I know technically the free upgrade period ended. But I know you can most certainly do a fresh install of windows 10 and use the same key you already have.
    I would like to avoid reinstalling Everything >.<
  • seyferseyfer Posts: 3
    Ok...it looks like I was able to do the upgrade, without the need of a fresh instalation....let's hope everything will work fine >.<