New mining rig

Yep that 7 x RX 460 and 6 RX 560 Asus B110 Pro mobo. 170Mh and all on a 1000Watt PSU.
Its not stable yet, I only finished it an hour ago, but at least its up and running

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Posts: 147
    That's a nice mining rig mate!!
    “All humans die but few have lived.”
    www.milunkukalj.uk
    -->Tech City Forum Administrator <--
  • leafflatleafflat Posts: 599
    How much has that set you back if you don't mind me asking? When do you think you'll start making profit past your investment?
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

• NellyNelsonNellyNelson Posts: 205
    £1560. Eth170s M/h stock. Not sure on power consumption cost as I wont know till end of month when bill comes in.

Might go mine something less profitable on the off chance it rises in value.
    Sorry didn't understand the eth170sM/h
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

Its mining Etherium at 170 mega-hashes but I have now decided to mine some lesser known currency for the future
    Is that good? Sorry don't know much about mining. 
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

compared to bigger better cards, no. but hey its better than zero. Although the recent fekin update on linux and windows has made 2gb cards pretty much scrap for mining.
  • BrendonBrendon Posts: 21
    edited August 15
    With the difficulty increase in mind it's not worth mining eth imo. In 3 months you will mine 3 eth, it will take you another 9 months to that same 3 eth with the exponential difficulty increase factored in... 

http://www.mycryptobuddy.com/EthereumMiningCalculator
    Here is a calculator that factors in the difficulty increase.
    this is true. I am mining newer coins in the hope they become worth more.
  • Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 289
    You think it's worth buying up a handful of the cheaper crypto coins in hope they will increase? Might be worth risking a grand on. 

If you had to bet which would you put your money on? Eth? 
    Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 12GB DDR3 (6 x 2GB) | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

• BryanBryan Posts: 256
    Yeah I am going hard on zencash, changed it up from zcash, I think zencash has a bright future, has all the attributes that a crypto currency should have.
    Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!
    When bitcoin was 1$ a bitcoin I was going to put 10$ in but decided against it. Super regret it now.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

If you got a grand, spread your bet. Sia, Golom, Stratis, IOTA and feathercoin possibly. But its tougher than that.
    List of NEW coins this year.
    https://bitinfocharts.com/new-cryptocurrencies-2017.html

Who really knows whats going to take off. IOTA isnt a coin as such, but its quadrupled in price this month

• Tech_0neTech_0ne Posts: 289
    edited August 23
    Yeah I think you're right, gonna spread it around and buy a few of each, maybe one will pay off and if they don't it's not a huge deal, bit of a bummer but not the end of the world.....Gonna wait until after my holiday to Japan though, want all my funds available for that.

Any recommendations on where to buy from? Seen a few websites that will only do up to £200 without somekind of confirmation, not sure what that evolves but shouldn't be a problem. Also I'm a total newb at this, any tips on setting up a wallet? Heard it might be better to have an offline one though as I said I have no idea what I'm doing.

Main Rig:  CPU - i7 4790k | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X | RAM - Corsair LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) | GPU - Asus  GTX 980ti Matrix | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB M.2 | Storage - 2 x Sandisk SSD's | PSU - Seasonic M12ii 850 | Display - Qnix QX2710 |  Cooling - NZXT Kraken x61

2nd Rig:  CPU - X5650 | Motherboard - MSI  X58 Pro-E | RAM - 12GB DDR3 (6 x 2GB) | GPU - 2 x Asus GTX 970 turbo in SLI | Case - InWin H-Frame | Boot Drive - Crucial BX100 120GB | Storage - 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU - Corsair CXM 750 | Cooling - Hyper 212 EVO

Laptop: HP Omen 15 |  i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8GB DDR4

• offline wallets are more secure. paper, nano-s etc.
    But for spending ease you need a mobile one. I use Jaxx as it does a few currency. But dont keep more than £100 on there.

As to where to buy from, there are a load of well proven, Actualy just read this lol http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/0/can-buy-bitcoin-uk/

• BryanBryan Posts: 256
    Yeah I remember bitcoin at $1 too, I was going to buy the first asics when they were released to mine it and it was just a huge crapfest with massive waiting lists and possibilities of being scammed, remember it all too well as I actually bought an asic and got a refund, though fate would have it I wish I actually just sat on the waiting list for it lol.... 

Buying bitcoins back then was a whole different story, you could have been one of the poor fellows who got hosed on mt gox for example, and buying and selling crypto today is still quite a tedious practice, it will gain traction though once regulated exchanges come out more and more and as it gains more popularity, I still think crypto hasn't hit near its max potential and I am joining the ride this time.
    Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!
  • I tinkered with it for about a year when it came out with my pc. lost my wallet addy. prob about 30 btc in it when I stopped so was just peanuts. do I ever wish I found it now.