Comparing the GTX 1050 Ti Vs RX 560

Here is a showdown that is coming to the channel, except it seems like the GTX 1050 Ti beats it at everything... even AMD's own titles.... and at current prices its like $145 vs $130.... don't think I can see myself recommending a 560.
Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!

Comments

• NellyNelsonNellyNelson Posts: 197
    560 4gb start about £105: Ti £135 so the question is do you get 30% increased performance?
  • leafflatleafflat Posts: 590
    Are 560's any good at mining? That might be what they're going for instead of gaming.
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    GTX 1060

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 366
    edited August 12
    The only way I could see a 560 being a smart choice would be if you already had a freesync monitor. Or if you were planning to upgrade both at the same time. And you really wanted an adaptive sync solution. 

And I would say from what I'm seeing it looks like the going rate in the US right now for a 560 is about 115.00 dollars new. Least newegg has multiple options at that price when you include the shipping charge. The 1050 ti looks to be more like 160.00 (only one example) to 165.00 (several more examples). I think the regular 1050 was much closer in price and performance but as I recall it still beat out the 560 in almost everything which still makes the statement above true. If you are planning to do adaptive sync and already have a freesync monitor or are planning to purchase a new adaptive sync monitor the options for freesync are a lot more affordable for very similar results. So in that scenario I can see the 560 having some appeal. 
  • BryanBryan Posts: 244
    Yeah hopefully the 560 can come down a bit, i Just don't see it however having much mining appeal at all.
    Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!