Sorry Forums went down!

The traffic overwhelmed the forums... sorry about that, looking into doing something about it, I want to ideally get a better plan... but the next plan up from this is literally 10x the cost :(, if anyone knows a good server that can handle 10k views a day that would be awesome.  Looking at really taking these forums to the next level with user based submissions and unique articles for the website itself.
Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!

Comments

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 383
    Hostpad.org maybe? I've read good things about the services they provide. They have both shared and dedicated server packages that both start pretty inexpensively. They ramp up of course if you need more ram or space but still they seem to be on the more budget friendly side. 

I'm not sure how all of this would works for you. In the US if you "are a business" you could take this off your taxes as an expense of doing business. Same with much or your travel and your purchases of parts. After all you are both an entertainer and a builder. 

• PetrichorPetrichor Posts: 147
    I used them once (client wanted me to use them because they are a bit cheaper), it's a company from India, they are rather new (in my book not yet tested enough). Don't know how reliable they are.
    “All humans die but few have lived.”
    www.milunkukalj.uk
    -->Tech City Forum Administrator <--
  • glad to hear the traffic increasing around here! I bet if you start plugging the forums more and more at the end of every video like Linus does (well, maybe not every video if you dont want), it'll go up even more! Cool to hear what you want to do going forward.

Sucks about the situation though. Good luck!

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //i7-3770k @ 4.3ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Intel DZ77GA-70k Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//

• BryanBryan Posts: 256
    Yeah we will figure it all out in due time, tech yes city is a slow moving beast! lol!
    Happy New Year's Everyone, here is to an awesome 2017!