OLD SKOOL am2 ddr2 Mobo.

ok so I have some ddr2 laying about doing nothing along with a old athalon chip and a phenom.

ive now had 2 bricked boards of ebay, just my luck. latest one teased me getting it going, but refuses to boot windows in any flavor.

Anyone got a fav board from back then I could try next.

Comments

• For DDR2, I used this in a build back in 2009:  GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P
    I gave it to a friend a few years ago, but it's still chugging along, so would recommend giving it a try if you've had trouble with other boards.

An alternative that I would recommend if you're willing to make the change to DDR3 (and if the CPUs you're trying to use are compatible with AM3 sockets) is this:  MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
    I've used two of these boards over the years and both are still fully functional today.  Definitely my favorite AM3 motherboard.
  • Got 16Gig ddr2 here, just wanted to get the phenom x4 going again if nothing but to use it as a backup web machine.

Irony is one of the bricked mobos I got from ebay was one of them. they are old after all
  • I have one i think. Its just been sitting in my room, it was pulled working but hasn't exactly been well taken care of. Its yours if you want and can cover the shipping cost. Had to pull off the plastic CPU mount shroud thing, though i imagine you can use the donor parts off your dead am2 boards to make it whole again.

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //i7-3770k @ 4.3ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Intel DZ77GA-70k Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//