Did my 3770k bailed on me?

it powers up but not long enough to the present debug LED code. I tried my psu and cpu to another mobo and system but nothing. Anyone had the same issues? Also reseated the rams and nothing

Comments

• a_weak_geeka_weak_geek Posts: 5
    edited October 9
    Ok, start by removing your Graphics Card (if your motherboard has onboard graphics, use that.  If not, than just use the LEDs on your motherboard.  Your keyboard works too.  If you can cycle the Caps Lock and Num Lock indicators, then your computer has booted up).

If you have another CPU, try that in the same system.  Do the same with the PSU, if possible.

If neither of those work (or you can't), than remove all but one of the RAM cards and try that in various slots (do this with multiple RAM cards).

If the computer boots during any of these steps, then reassemble it (one component at a time) until it stops working again.  Than you have your faulty component.

Edit:  I somehow forgot you mentioned you had another computer with the same CPU Socket?  Something you could also try then is to simply transfer parts from the faulty system to the other one (one at a time).  If the other computer stops working at any point, then you have your faulty component.

Also, if the other computer does not stop working no matter what your swap in, than it's likely your main computer's motherboard that is faulty.
  • Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 146
    Since you try it in a different motherboard go on eBay and buy a super cheap LGA 1155 CPU. Intel Pentium SR059 G640 2.8GHz on ebay is $7 with free shipping.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

• Since you try it in a different motherboard go on eBay and buy a super cheap LGA 1155 CPU. Intel Pentium SR059 G640 2.8GHz on ebay is $7 with free shipping.
    a_weak_geek said:
    Ok, start by removing your Graphics Card (if your motherboard has onboard graphics, use that.  If not, than just use the LEDs on your motherboard.  Your keyboard works too.  If you can cycle the Caps Lock and Num Lock indicators, then your computer has booted up).

If you have another CPU, try that in the same system.  Do the same with the PSU, if possible.

If neither of those work (or you can't), than remove all but one of the RAM cards and try that in various slots (do this with multiple RAM cards).

If the computer boots during any of these steps, then reassemble it (one component at a time) until it stops working again.  Than you have your faulty component.

Edit:  I somehow forgot you mentioned you had another computer with the same CPU Socket?  Something you could also try then is to simply transfer parts from the faulty system to the other one (one at a time).  If the other computer stops working at any point, then you have your faulty component.

Also, if the other computer does not stop working no matter what your swap in, than it's likely your main computer's motherboard that is faulty.
    I have a spare mobo not a whole system but i think I can use my sisters laptop cpu, i think its an i5 2540, ill hold on to buying a 2600k for now before retesting. It kinda sucks coz Shadow of War is now out and I had to deal with this. 

This are my specs btw

3770k @ 4.4ghz @ 1.224v 70c at night 80c at day
    Gigabyte z77x UP7
    seasonic X1050w
    Gigabyte 980ti
    G.Skill 2133
  • The laptop CPU wont work if you meant you thought you could use it in the 3770's socket. That mobile CPU is socket G2 and has pins as a matter of fact. 

Definitely look into buying that cheap $7 CPU and trying that instead, after following the normal troubleshooting procedures. Look for shorts as well, maybe bench test the entire system outside the case as well.

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //i7-3770k @ 4.3ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Intel DZ77GA-70k Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//