Is my Asus Maximus VIII Ranger dead?

Hello Guys

After alot of time saving money and hunting for parts for my PC build I finally manged to pick up a Asus Maximus VIII Ranger and a I7 6700...

But my Asus Mobo doesnt get into Windows... If I start the pc it doesnt boot directly from the drive(win 10 was preinstalled on that drive). The Motherboard brings my directly into the bios . After double clicking the drive were windows is installed the normal windows cirkle appears but it frezzes after 3 seconds. Then a Blue Screen appears and it got stuck on it.

I updated the Bios to the latest firmware and made a clr-cmos but nothing realy worked.....

I tried to reinstall the os but I cant. I have a usb drive with the iso on it but the motherboard wont boot from it. It just put me all the time back into the bios :(

Hope you Guys can help me.

Comments

• leafflatleafflat Posts: 628
    Try removing one stick of ram, then the next until you've tried every combo.
    S[340]Blind:  Link to YouTube video.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    Deepcool Captain 120 White AIO
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080

• i have only one ram stick (Corsair Vengance LPX 2400MHZ 16gb (single slot))

Maybe find a friend with compatible parts to test? Also try different sata ports. Make sure there aren't any shorts on the motherboard.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080

• I tried a other ram (gskill ripjaws 8gb dual kit) and tried it in single and dual chanel but nothing works. 
  • Remove power power plug clear the UEFI and take out the C-mos battery. Then hit the power button, while it is still off, so you can drawn all the capacitors that are on the motherboard. leave it for 10 min then come back and plug everything back in and see if it fixes it.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor

• I tried it but it wont work -.-

So I reinstalled win 10 with rufus. 

It a little bit better then before.

Now the Asus rog logo appears and the windows cirkle turns 3 rounds and i still get the blue screen. 

Try underclocking your cpu or disabling hyperthreading.
    Thanked by 1Mohnecke
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080

• leafflat said:
    Try underclocking your cpu or disabling hyperthreading.
    Thank you so much ! I disabeld hyperthreading and i works just fine. But can u tell me why?
  • And also have to underclock the cpu to 3ghz.... But thats not the Performance i want. 
  • And also have to underclock the cpu to 3ghz.... But thats not the Performance i want. 
    edited November 27
    I think your CPU might be a dud. Its just not stable at higher clocks, splitting cores, or one of your cores is unstable.

There should be a setting for turning boost on and off on the cpu. try disabling that and enabling hyperthreading. 
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080

• leafflat said:
    I think your CPU might be a dud. Its just not stable at higher clocks, splitting cores, or one of your cores is unstable.

There should be a setting for turning boost on and off on the cpu. try disabling that and enabling hyperthreading. 
    I have tried it and it work with hyperthreading an and turbo off. I managed to bring it to 3.2GHZ but everything above the cpu wont boot into win 10. Should I trie to give more Voltage to the CPU?
    It doesn't hurt to try if you have a cooler that can handle the extra heat. Try turning turbo and hyper threading on and raising the voltage a bit, see if it boots.

Are you going to use this for gaming or productivity?

If your going to use this for gaming, I would just disable hyperthreading and leave it at that. Games don't really take advantage of multiple cores as much as clock speeds.

If your going to use this for productivity and gaming I would turn off boost and leave hyperthreading on.

Sucks you lost the silicone lottery. 
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080

• leafflat said:
    It doesn't hurt to try if you have a cooler that can handle the extra heat. Try turning turbo and hyper threading on and raising the voltage a bit, see if it boots.

Are you going to use this for gaming or productivity?

If your going to use this for gaming, I would just disable hyperthreading and leave it at that. Games don't really take advantage of multiple cores as much as clock speeds.

If your going to use this for productivity and gaming I would turn off boost and leave hyperthreading on.

Sucks you lost the silicone lottery. 
    I want to use it more for gaming then productivity.
    It runs now at 3.2ghz with 1.125V. How much Voltage should I put on it?
    edited November 27
    (Don't have much experience with overclocking CPU's) 

Apparently the safe voltage on a 6700k is 1.35. I would stay underneath that.
    i7-4770
    MSI Z97s Krait
    16gb RAM
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080