tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Cable Configuration Normal?

JohnnyJohnny Posts: 37
edited December 2017 in Hardware Specific
Hey guys!

I recently bit the bullet and decided to get some Cablemod juiciness (couldn't resist their darn 20% off promo), and they reached! I noticed something peculiar about the 6+2 cable though. The configuration of the 6+2 I received doesn't seem to match the configuration of my original cable that came together with my PSU.

I'm running an XFX XTR550, and double checked that that's what I chose for my customised order PSU manufacturer and model.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Is it because what I ordered is just a "single" 6+2 and not a "double" 6+2 which can supply two GPUs power?

Any insight would be most appreciated, thanks! :D

(Left is the one that came with the PSU, right is the one that came from Cablemod)

(Cablemod config)

(Original cable from PSU config)