New to pc looking for a cheap but effective build to play pub g on please help

hey there I'm looking for a cheap but decent pc to run pub g on I don't know where to buy them or if I have to build one please help
Custom built pc or factory built pc
  1. Custom built pc or factory built3 votes
    1. Custom
      100.00%
    2. Factory
        0.00%

Comments

• I need to buy a cheap but effective gaming pc for pub g please help
  • If you're looking for cheap but have little experience building your own, then my recommendation would be to take a used pre-built such as this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Build-Your-Own-Dell-T3500-Workstation-4-Core-3-20GHz-W3565-No-OS-Wholesale/382063006715?hash=item58f4bad3fb:m:mYmpnRxRnQJAk9dkR5fSr_g
    (Just take a single Hard Drive, one of the 12GB RAM options, and no video card)

That will put you at about $160(US).
    From here, just get a dedicated graphics card.  The Dell Precision T3500 comes with a 525 watt, 80 Plus Silver rated PSU with a single 6-pin GPU power connector.  So depending on your budget, you could easily fit something as powerful as a GTX 1060 6GB graphics card in there with no other upgrades or modifications.  However, my recommendation would be to get a cheap GTX 1050 ti for about $150(US).

The pre-built should come with a Windows 7 Pro COA sticker which can be used to activate Windows 10 Professional (which you can download and install directly from Microsoft's website).

To go this route will get you a quad-core, 3.2GHz CPU with Hyperthreading; 12GB DDR3 RAM; GTX 1050 ti 4GB graphics card; at least a 500GB HDD; and a valid, activated installation of Windows 10 (or Windows 7, if you prefer that instead).  All for about $310(US).  Though, again, you could also get something like a GTX 1060 6GB for about $250(US) pushing the final price to about $410(US).  But both options will easily be able to play PUBG at a high frame rate.

However, if you're more comfortable building from scratch, you could do something similar for a little cheaper and then have the option for overclocking.  But I only recommend this if you're comfortable with system building.
  • Forgot to mention, but worth bringing up.  The Precision T3500 has Hyperthreading disabled in the Bios by default.  This makes little to no sense, since nearly every CPU that it shipped with (or even supports) is/was hyperthreaded...

Anyway, this is easily fixed by just enabling Hyperthreading in the Bios.
  • Where are you from? Some countries second hand market is pretty non-existent and you would be better off getting a Ryzen 3 setup.
  • Hey guys thank so for the response I thought no one would get back to me but I would need someone to voice chat or an easier explanation would really help to explain to me the best route and just in general inform me on just the basics of gaming pcs I would love to learn about what to look out for, what's good what's bad. I just want to get into pc gaming the right way and get the best bang for my buck And not be limited to geek squad and stores info just trying to get you to pay more. Email email me at kevjoyce10@gmail.com any of you guys could better inform me thank you.
  • nevernevernevernever Posts: 8
    edited December 2017
    Kjoyce10 said:
    Hey guys thank so for the response I thought no one would get back to me but I would need someone to voice chat or an easier explanation would really help to explain to me the best route and just in general inform me on just the basics of gaming pcs I would love to learn about what to look out for, what's good what's bad. I just want to get into pc gaming the right way and get the best bang for my buck And not be limited to geek squad and stores info just trying to get you to pay more. Email email me at kevjoyce10