tech-city-donate

Coolermaster Silent Pro M1000

I found a 1000W coolermaster PSU for next to nothing on gumtree and it all seems to work however no modular cables.
I've been searching for some time now and cant seem to find much on this PSU.

The modular cables coming from the PSU are 6 pin, and checking the support page from cooler master, the modular cabled are 6 - 6+2 pin for GPUs.

Now some research ive been doing, i understand that some Manufactures use their own cables/config and they are not interchangeable with another brand/generic. (can this be confirmed please)

So my question/help needed, is how do i determine how to obtain cables for this or check or what cables would work with it. I've contacted cooler master but still no reply from them. They also have a parts for sale site but again the cables on there just seem generic?

Comments

• FunPosterFunPoster Posts: 22
    I'm sure you've done some gooling and have already taken a look at this topic from the JohnnyGuru forums - http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12965

Later in the thread, the OP says that he was able to just take some "oddball modular cables" he had and that they worked, although that was after having tested them. That seems to indicate to me that Coolermaster were using a common layout (most 8pin PCI connectors on power supplies have three or four 12v, with four Ground above/below them, with the row of Ground cables being the ones to touch the clip), but the problem then is actually finding the old school 6pin PCI-E and 5pin SATA/Molex connectors. ModDIY appear to have some of the correct cables, but they're super expensive and likely it would cost you less to just buy a brand new power supply.

Further googling (JohnnyGuru review) reveals the unit to be an FSP OEM, so that's maybe something else to look at, although most FSP power supplies seem to use those horrid proprietary peripheral connectors (the Dagger does use 6 pin connectors for PCI power though).
    CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9GHz | Motherboard- Asus Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz | GPU - Asus GTX 1080 Strix | Case - Fractal Define R5 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Storage - Mushkin Reaktor 1TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB  | PSU - Seasonic x-750 750W | Display - Asus PB258Q 25" 1440p |  Cooling - Noctua NH-D15

• FunPosterFunPoster Posts: 22
    An update to the above post, although it may be a long shot - the Coolermaster V series (new enough that they can still be bought in some stores) also uses 6 pin connectors for PCI and also those 5 pin SATA connectors with the notch above the third pin - https://www.moddiy.com/product_images/x/900/cooler-master-v1000-modular-connector-set__38375_zoom.jpg

I have absolutely no idea if they're compatible, but it's not the worst place to look either.
    CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9GHz | Motherboard- Asus Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz | GPU - Asus GTX 1080 Strix | Case - Fractal Define R5 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Storage - Mushkin Reaktor 1TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB  | PSU - Seasonic x-750 750W | Display - Asus PB258Q 25" 1440p |  Cooling - Noctua NH-D15

• Sir_iceeiceSir_iceeice Posts: 173
    If you have a multi-meter you can check to see if the 12v/Ground line are were they should be.
    Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (8 + 4 Power Phase Design)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k at 4.7GHz  1.32v
    CPU Cooler: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240
    Ram: V-Color OC Series 16GB (4x4GB) 2133Mhz 10-11-11-30-1T at 1.550v
    Storage:  ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 480GB and 2Tb 3.5" Seagate
    Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS
    Mouse: MSI Interceptor
    Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Red
    Monitors : 3x AOC 22" 1080p, 1x Dell 1080p Monitor