Sub 400 Dollar X79 Xeon Build :D Yeha!!

Hey guys, I'm a really passionate PC builder and I always try to get the most possible for every single buck I spend.. Therefor I change my pc probably nearly every 2 months or so. I just always find amazing deals around here (Switzerland). ^^

Alright, now to the build that is getting completed in a few weeks. I actually bought all the stuff already but it will take a bit until it all arrives. 

The parts: (Dollar and CHF are about equal)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX silver - 50 Dollar- I got this one  from a local
Seasonic 460W 80+ Gold Fanless - 45 Dollar - Pulled this PSU out of a case and sold the case again
Huanan X79 Deluxe MoBo - 142 Dollar - This board is supposed to have the "real" X79 chipset. But I'll figure it out soon  ;)
Intel Xeon E5 1650 C2 - 50 Dollar - I still can't believe this deal.. :D
2x8GB Samsung DDR3 1333Mhz ECC Reg Memory - (-63 Dollar) - I bought 13 sticks of it and sold 11 of them again and gained 63.-
Micron 120GB SSD - 30 Dollar - I really don't wanna have a system without an SSD..
WD Blue 500GB - 15 Dollar - Cheap and good enough for my games
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified 4GB - 89 Dollar - Well it isn't the most powerful GPU out there but it will get the job done.
Thermalright Macho Cooler - 17 Dollar - A really good full tower 6 heat pipe CPU cooler

In total this build cost me 376 CHF or Dollar. I think it's amazing. 

I'll try (and it's gonna be difficult) to keep this system until I get the Loque S1 Ghost case that I backed on kickstarter. Many new pc parts will be released over the next few months and I'd love to build myself a great ultra compact high-end PC in this tiny case.

I also know that Bryan is getting a similar Huanan X79 mobo (a cheaper one though) with the same CPU that I have. And I'm just wondering how similar or different our experiences are going to be. 

Stay tuned! ;)

Comments

• awesome price for that setup! 

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //i7-3770k @ 4.3ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Intel DZ77GA-70k Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//

• Does the e5 1650 have to be v1 or v2?
  • crazyfrog said:
    Does the e5 1650 have to be v1 or v2?
    It doesn't matter. Both will overclock. V1 is based on sandybridge architecture and the v2 on ivybridge