tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Optiplex 380

LucaLuca Posts: 5
edited March 8 in PC Builds
Hello,
I just bought a dell optiplex 380 dt for 65€. Here's what's in it: 
core 2 duo e8400
DDR3 2*2 Gb
HD7750
What is the best cpu I can buy for this pc? X5450? I'll upgrade the ram to 2*4Gb.
Thanks

Comments

• FunPosterFunPoster Posts: 22
    The X5460 is only a few dollars more than the 5450 and gets you a slightly higher clock, but anything above that becomes prohibitively expensive for such an old chip. All of the chips on Aliexpress seem to be pre-modded to fit LGA 775 boards, so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't bother with the X54*2 chips, since the motherboard doesn't appear to support 1600MHz RAM. Mainstream, top tier, LGA 775 chips are too expensive to bother with in this case.
    CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9GHz | Motherboard- Asus Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz | GPU - Asus GTX 1080 Strix | Case - Fractal Define R5 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Storage - Mushkin Reaktor 1TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB  | PSU - Seasonic x-750 750W | Display - Asus PB258Q 25" 1440p |  Cooling - Noctua NH-D15

• LucaLuca Posts: 5
    Hello my hd7750 is dead (black screen if i try to install drivers).
    I bought a gtx 750 (GV-N75OC-2GL) but the dvi slot is touching the bracket of the motherboard but it works. Should I bent it?
    Thanks