tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

asus rog strix gl502vsk downclocks randomly

i have asus rog strix gl502vsk(spec in picture) and its randomly downlocks, making overwatch drop from 130fps(its locked) to 15-50, noting overheats, battery profile is set on hign(always using on wire) im kida lost, checked termo paste and bios settings...noting comes to my mind that could be wrong :/

123.jpg 733.2K

Comments

• FunPosterFunPoster Posts: 22
    edited March 14
    Check for BIOS revisions etc. Also,

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-Overheating-Throttling

You say nothing is overheating, but I'd run a stress test or something to see whether that is really the case.
    CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9GHz | Motherboard- Asus Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz | GPU - Asus GTX 1080 Strix | Case - Fractal Define R5 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Storage - Mushkin Reaktor 1TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB  | PSU - Seasonic x-750 750W | Display - Asus PB258Q 25" 1440p |  Cooling - Noctua NH-D15

• I just sold on of these had zero issues with throttling in the games I tested but the power settings on mine didn’t have high as a setting, just balanced and something to the effect of asus default. 
    My guess is you’ve got a bad power supply or battery that’s not outputting enough power. 
    throttling like that is very reminiscent of overheating VRMs on low end h55 motherboards Brian uses and the older asrock boards I’ve had, when you removed the heat sink(guessing it’s not the first time) did you put back the thermal paste on the VRMs properly or not touch it leaving a gap? asus don’t use normal thermal pads here instead using a super thick thermal paste on the VRMs so it separates every time you remove and replace the heatsink.