tech-city-donate

Buying Bryan's PC

I'm from the US.
I'm a student on a budget. Is there any way I can purchase one of his extreme budget builds (Xeon x3430 build for example)?

Comments

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 445
    Fairly regularly you can attempt to win a Bryan PC from his contests. As far as buying one the cost of the shipping would be so high that it would stop being a budget build. Having said that you could always look for someone state side who builds similar budget minded gaming builds. 
  • CoalitionGamingCoalitionGaming Posts: 283
    Look into buying an HP Z400 prebuilt (specifically with 6 ram slots). The cheapest you can find will likely have a throwaway CPU, you'll want an X5687 ($40-$50 on ebay). If it doesn't have any ram, or only comes with a little bit, then ebay has 12gb triple channel DDR3 1066 and DDR3 1333 ECC ram kits for $20-$30. Then find yourself a GTX 960 or better (do not go older, the stock PSU is only 475w so you need a more efficient GPU to stay comfortably within its envelope). 4gb or better is ideal but if the best deal you can find is on a 2gb card, it'll do. Locally used or via reddit hardwareswap, $70-$110 should be doable. Or just get a GTX 1050 or 1050ti new. 

and boom, cheap gaming system out of a massively capable older gen workstation system

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 4.5ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Asus P9X79e-WS Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//