tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Buying Bryan's PC

I'm from the US.
I'm a student on a budget. Is there any way I can purchase one of his extreme budget builds (Xeon x3430 build for example)?

Comments

• exturkconnerexturkconner Posts: 446
    Fairly regularly you can attempt to win a Bryan PC from his contests. As far as buying one the cost of the shipping would be so high that it would stop being a budget build. Having said that you could always look for someone state side who builds similar budget minded gaming builds. 
  • CoalitionGamingCoalitionGaming Posts: 283
    Look into buying an HP Z400 prebuilt (specifically with 6 ram slots). The cheapest you can find will likely have a throwaway CPU, you'll want an X5687 ($40-$50 on ebay). If it doesn't have any ram, or only comes with a little bit, then ebay has 12gb triple channel DDR3 1066 and DDR3 1333 ECC ram kits for $20-$30. Then find yourself a GTX 960 or better (do not go older, the stock PSU is only 475w so you need a more efficient GPU to stay comfortably within its envelope). 4gb or better is ideal but if the best deal you can find is on a 2gb card, it'll do. Locally used or via reddit hardwareswap, $70-$110 should be doable. Or just get a GTX 1050 or 1050ti new. 

and boom, cheap gaming system out of a massively capable older gen workstation system

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 4.5ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Asus P9X79e-WS Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//