tech-city-donate

Need help building 3 low budget gaming desktops

I have been watching a lot of videos with Tech Yes taking older motherboards and older chips and essentially overclocking them to current levels of performance. Everything about building the PC is easy except for trying to figure out what processor, mobo, and overclocking instructions.

Ideally, I would like to spend no more than $70 on a processor and $100 on a mobo with a guide to make it work. My apologies if it seems unrealistic I am just on a tight budget for three people. In a perfect world the benchmark I am looking for is running The Division on High settings.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• ckai93ckai93 Posts: 6
    So are you talking about $70 for 3 processors and $100 for 3 motherboards?

It's still doable if you looked at his latest Top 5 OC used CPU video. 

$8 for x3430  x 3 = $24
    $49 for P7H55 x 3 = $147

Total: $171

But then again, don't forget other parts that you'll have to get that would cost quite a bit as well, namely DDR3 RAMs, reliable PSUs and decent GPUs. 

Here's a comparison for a similar set-up vs. a 6700k using a GTX 970: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8D4eG4bkI

But if you're talking $170 for each Processor and Motherboard combo then you have more choices. Try re-looking into his video both the OC and Non-OC one.
  • CoalitionGamingCoalitionGaming Posts: 268
    yeah, 1st gen overclockable era CPUs and boards will be the best bet for multiple systems on a budget. Though instead for the x3430, id go with the x3450 as its not much more and you get 8 threads instead of 4 (i7 instead of i5). 

The overclocking on these is a little bit more involved but plenty of youtube guides and stuff on google, just look up "i7-860 overclocking guide" if you go with the platform mentioned here and above

Helgaiden
    Rig Specs:
    Codename Red-Beast
    //Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 4.5ghz//EVGA GTX 980ti SC+//16gb G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600//OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w PSU//Asus P9X79e-WS Mobo//Asus vg248qe 144hz 24" 1080p monitor//Deepcool Captain 240EX AIO on CPU//Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 on GPU//Deepcool Dukase v2 mid-tower case//