tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Threads not running at the same clock speed as the cores

StevenTurnerStevenTurner Posts: 3
edited May 23 in Hardware Specific
I have a AMD 880k running at 43ghz but I have noticed when I do a test the threads do not run at the same speed as the cores. I have set the windows power to high power but nothing I do can get the threads to run at 43ghz  and seem to be running round about 170ghz.  If I had any hair I would of pulled it out by now

Comments

• I found out that is I overclock the cpu using Overdrive  all the multipliers are unlocked and all the  cores suddenly burst into life but overclocking using just the BIOS the multipliers on cores 3 and 4 are locked on X17. Yes I have updated the bios and all the drivers and set the power in windows to high
  • StevenTurnerStevenTurner Posts: 3
    well it looks like I solved it I took the bios battery out so setting the bios back to origional then did a bios up date now I am not sure why doing this worked as I had already done an update maybe it was resetting the bios back to factory settings?? I dont know
    Thanked by 1CoalitionGaming