tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

X58

Hi,

Firstly like to say, Bryan I am now subbed to your YouTube channel as your uploads are awesome,,,keep up the good work.

I am hopping that someone can point me in the right direction with advise.

My old rig that I built approx 8 years ago is playing up and as I have seen resent uploads there maybe be a good and cheap way to upgrade the CPU etc on my X58 MB, specs as listed :

Asus P6T deluxe V2
Intel 920 DO @ 4gb,,,,,now and then as crashes even on default settings
12GB Gskill DD3 @ 1600mhrz
 EVGA970
PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1200watt

I don't really want to bin this rig as I think it can be made good and keep up with modern gaming etc.

Please can someone recommend a swap out CPU,,,,I was thinking X5675 or X3690 ?? also would I need to do a bios update or is the board compatible with the above Xeon's.

Hopefully if compatible I would look forward to some overclocking and would be cooled with a purchase of a Corsair Hydro H100X 

Would it be worthwhile changing the thermal paste on the south-bridge etc to freshen it up, if so what would be a good replacement paste.

I look forward to anyone's reply and would be greatly received.

Many Thanks,

Ian.