tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Antivirus

Hi Bryan, Can I get your opinion on antivirus's and recommendations or Virtual Desktops and recommendations. This is for Windows 10. cheers Al

Comments

• I'm not sure if people will agree, but I trust my browsing habits and not opening stupid email links. Windows Defender is fine and maybe just run Malwarebytes once in a while. Virtual machines I'm not good with, sorry bud.
  • Working in a computer repair store, I've found a simple combination of Avira Free Antivirus and Malwarebytes will keep your computer clean of just about anything.  Since Malwarebytes isn't a real-time scanner (the free version, after trial period expires), just let Avira handle your firewall and if you ever think a virus got passed it, just run a Malwarebytes scan. 

I personally like Avira since it runs in the background without really interfering with your day to day use of the computer (minus the occasional popup).  It also uses very few system resources compared to an antivirus like Avast, which will hound you all day to upgrade to their paid service.
  • I like AVG a lot myself. I think Avast is probably the most popular free option but I'm not a fan of avast constantly trying to install additional software on machines. They have an avast skinned browser and the like.
  • I like AVG a lot myself. I think Avast is probably the most popular free option but I'm not a fan of avast constantly trying to install additional software on machines. They have an avast skinned browser and the like.
    I would like to point out that AVG is actually owned by Avast (they bought 'em up back in 2017, I believe).  So ultimately, you'd be getting the same protection from both of them.  But I do agree, AVG would be the better option, just because it bugs you far less about upgrading or installing additional software.