tech-city-donate

Hello Yes Men & Women! :)

We are moving EVERYTHING to a new much better community system so please go register, create your profile and let's build even better TYC community!

You can chat, sell, buy, advertise, create pages, groups, events, use forum and tons more!

URL: https://techcity.tv/community/

P.S. We are still setting everything up so please bare with us!
P.P.S. Please go and REGISTER, you need to do it because we can't transfer you automatically, the differences between systems are huge so we all need to do it manually, it only takes a few seconds :)

Budget Build with S3420GP

Im trying to get my friend into PC gameing but hes still in school so we are trying to build a cheap pc. I have 16 GB of ECC RAM flying around and I got a deal for a Intel S3420GP Board+Xeon X3430 do you guys think it would be worth it for 40€? I would probably combine it with a GTX 680.

Comments

• FunPosterFunPoster Posts: 22
    I question the wisdom of going with an X3430 when the X3440 is only slightly more expensive but has hyper threading AND a higher base clock, especially on a server board which means you won't be overclocking.
    CPU - R7 1700 @ 3.9GHz | Motherboard- Asus Crosshair VI Hero | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz | GPU - Asus GTX 1080 Strix | Case - Fractal Define R5 | Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Storage - Mushkin Reaktor 1TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB  | PSU - Seasonic x-750 750W | Display - Asus PB258Q 25" 1440p |  Cooling - Noctua NH-D15

• NeecrossNeecross Posts: 2
    The problem is that i doubt to get a serverboard for 40€ here in Germany